VASJ wrestling – Vikings compete at loaded Nordonia event
VASJ participated in the very competitive Nordonia JV Battle on Jan. 11.
Billed as the Ohio JV state championships for good reason – plenty of great Division I competition.
- Freshman Aiden Staunton went 0-2, but had two great bouts.
- Freshman Darian Davis also wrestled well, but finished 0-2.
- Sophomore Mack Flynn was 0-2.
- Sophomore Charlie Mullin was 1-2.
- Junior Charlie Stachnik went 1-2.
- Sophomore Titus Bates was 0-2, but did hold leads in both loses.
- Joe Webb went 2-2 after making the semifinals at 160 pounds.
- Junior Eddie Marxen finished 1-2 at 182 pounds.
- Junior Josh Longstreet went 1-2, but also lead in every match. Longstreet moved to 220 pounds to make room for sophmore Paulie Paciorek at 195 pounds, who went 1-2.
- Sean Doley also bumped up to 285 pounds to make room for the upper weights to compete. Doley went 1-2.
Volume 12, Issue 2, Posted 5:31 PM, 02.05.2020